The personal, minimalist, super-fast, database free, bookmarking service.
Do you want to share the links you discover? Shaarli is a minimalist bookmark manager and link sharing service that you can install on your own server. It is designed to be personal (single-user), fast and handy.
Visit the pages in the sidebar to find information on how to setup, use, configure, tweak and troubleshoot Shaarli.
You can use this public demo instance of Shaarli. It runs the latest development version of Shaarli and is updated/reset daily.
Shaarli can be used:
- to share, comment and save interesting links and news
- to bookmark useful/frequent links and share them between computers
- as a minimal blog/microblog/writing platform
- as a read-it-later list
- to draft and save articles/posts/ideas
- to keep notes, documentation and code snippets
- as a shared clipboard/notepad/pastebin between machines
- as a todo list
- to store media playlists
- to keep extracts/comments from webpages that may disappear.
- to keep track of ongoing discussions
- to feed other blogs, aggregators, social networks... using RSS feeds
Edit, view and search your links
- Minimalist design
- Customizable link titles and descriptions
- Tags to organize your links (features tag autocompletion, renaming, merging and deletion)
- Search by tag or using the full-text search
- Public and private links (visible only to logged-in users)
- Unique permalinks for easy reference
- Paginated link list (with image and video thumbnails)
- Tag cloud and list views
- Picture wall: image and video thumbnails view (with lazy loading)
- ATOM and RSS feeds (can also be filtered using tags or text search)
- Daily: newspaper-like daily digest (and daily RSS feed)
- URL cleanup: automatic removal of
- Extensible through plugins
- Dead-simple installation: drop the files, open the page
- Links are stored in a file (no database required, easy backup: simply copy the datastore file)
- Import and export links as Netscape bookmarks compatible with most Web browsers
- Bookmarklet and other tools to share links in one click
- Support for mobile browsers
- Easy page customization through HTML/CSS/RainTPL
- Discreet pop-up notification when a new release is available
- Bruteforce protection on the login form
- Protected against XSRF and session cookie hijacking
- Easily extensible by any client using the REST API exposed by Shaarli (API documentation).
Shaarli community fork
This friendly fork is maintained by the Shaarli community at https://github.com/shaarli/Shaarli
The original project is currently unmaintained, and the developer has informed us that he would have no time to work on Shaarli in the near future.
The Shaarli community has carried on the work to provide many patches for bug fixes and enhancements in this repository, and will keep maintaining the project for the foreseeable future, while keeping Shaarli simple and efficient.
Contributing and getting help
Feedback is very appreciated!
- If you have any questions or ideas, please join the chat (also reachable via IRC), post them in our general discussion or read the current issues.
- Have a look at the open issues and pull requests
- If you would like a feature added to Shaarli, check the issues labeled
- If you've found a bug, please create a new issue.
- Feel free to propose solutions to existing problems, help us improve the documentation and translations, and submit pull requests :-)